Kirsty, our beauty blogger, makes her Strupag debut!
So here it is, my first ever blog post. Instead of beginning with a review, I thought I’d start with a TAG so that you could learn a little bit more about me and my tastes. I took a wee while to think about which TAG would best suit this but the majority are so specific i.e related to seasons or holidays and then I remembered back to a fun little tag Miss EssieButton did last year – the ‘If all my make-up disappeared’ TAG. The premise? Some kind of make-up apocalypse/a mysterious cosmetic burglary/a catastrophic make up bag fall occurs and as a result your make up has somehow done a runner- what do you do? You are allowed to repurchase 10 products, what on earth do you choose? Well, funnily enough (but not at the time) this has happened to me not once, not twice but THRICE! Once I left my make up bag on a bus never to be seen again (I literally cried). And twice I have gone home to visit my parents (who live on an island) and realised I have left my makeup bag by the mirror in my flat. Now on this island there is a small chemist that stocks a very small range of makeup so I have had to work very hard to work out the essential items. Every product I have picked today is something I use daily to help me through all seasons and occasions as well as items that can double up. Also, the majority of them are budget(ish). So in no particular order, here we go!
- Urban Decay Naked Palette : With all the colour shades I could ever want/need including mattes and shimmers , this much hyped item truly is a must have. I use it daily and have owned it for 2 years (don’t judge me make-up hygienists) and have only hit pan on one colour! I can use it for a simple everyday look to a cheeky wee smokey-eye night out number. The matte shades are fantastic for through the crease. Not only this, but I use them both as powders through my brows which is essential for me as a ginger!
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance : My favourite eye-shadow primer which has also lasted an incredibly long time. As Too Faced state “The size of a raindrop covers the whole lid”. It helps my eye look last all day and night. For the ultimate test, I have accidentally/sacrilegiously slept in my make-up before and woken up with my full smokey eye still intact. Powerful stuff.
- Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner in brown: This is a superb liner to use both on the lid and in the waterline. It lasts all day, includes a good brush, can be used for natural looks or for a dramatic flick- what’s not to love? Tanya Burr (Pixiwoo) is a huge fan and prefers it to her Mac Fluid line and it’s half the price.
- Bourjois Volumizer Mascara – By far the best mascara I have EVER tried. It took a wee while to get used to how to work it but now I love it! I like a dramatic lash and this sure can achieve it! It has two steps with a transformable brush which means you can choose either a subtle look or my favourite full lash. Great for both day and night.
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer: A creamy yet long-lasting concealer- dreamy! Suitable for both undereye circles and blemishes – it is the holy grail of concealers! And it’s a steal at under £4!
- Sleek Face Form in Fair – This bronzer, hightlighter, blush combo is a 3 in 1 treat! The matte bronzer is PERFECT for contouring as well as adding natural colour. The highlighter is shimmery heaven which can be built up from light to dramatic. The blush comes from Sleek’s Rose Gold which is famously a dupe for Nars Orgasm. And they all come together in a sleek (pardon the pun) compact for under a tenner!
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey : This is my go to lip product – it is nourishing, staining therefore long-lasting, subtle yet noticeable in a perfect ‘Your lips but better’ shade. Also, if the burglar has come back and stolen your Sleek Face Form, you can use thing for a natural flush on your cheeks.
- Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blusher in Soft Pink: A lovely cream blush which suits all skin tones and is great all year around but particularly in the summer! It’s just pretty and handy.
- No7 Eye Contour Brush: Most of my choices don’t need brushes but I can NOT do eye-shadow without my trusty No7 fluffy brush – it’s a great dupe for the Mac 217.
- HELP by PLEASE: I wear foundation of some sort everyday whether it’s a full coverage or tinted moisturiser but I still can’t pick a holy grail product that’s going to suit all seasons and take me from day to night. I love Rimmel Wake Me Up, Match Perfection and Lasting Finish but all for different occasions. Can anyone suggest something to me that could replace all three in one. It would be MUCH appreciated.
(Needless to say I would cheat and get every single Real Techniques brush available to apply all of this).
Well if you have reached this part of my ramblings firstly, well done and secondly, thank you so much. It was much longer than I planned but these are all products I am ridiculously passionate about. I hope I’ve maybe introduced you to something you haven’t tried before. Finally, I would love to read the 10 products you would choose ‘If all your makeup disappeared’ so please feel free to leave them below.